Recruitment Event for Early Years Workforce Apprentice Vacancies - Puffins Of Exeter
There is a recruitment event via zoom on Wednesday 27th May at 2.30pm, all potential candidates will be contacted with the details. Other virtual recruitment events will be held on: 1st July and 25th
Please read below and contact Sue Holding (email@example.com) for further details.
Brief overview of the role
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated apprentices to join our early years' workers in one of our nurseries based in Exeter. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Working week: Between the hours of 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, exact times TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage: £124.50
Expected duration: 53 weeks
Possible start date: 08 Sep 2020
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reference number: VAC001631555
Positions: 4 available
Closing date: 31 Aug 2020
Successful applicants will work at one of our nurseries for 3 days a week and attend our Training Centre for one day a week.
Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training.
Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support team.
• Support staff in providing activities and care which are developmentally appropriate for children from a range of social, economic and cultural backgrounds, so they are able to develop and grow, in particular those with special educational needs and English as an additional language
• Assist children with personal care, including help with toileting, feeding and food service and other similar duties
• Ensure the environment is welcoming, comfortable, well-organised and uncluttered
• To work as part of a team ensuring on-going cleanliness of the setting
• Welcome visitors to the setting
Requirements and prospects
Good level of maths and English
Motivation, patience and enthusiasm
Opportunity to apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer: Puffins Of Exeter
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Description: Puffins of Exeter have several nurseries across Exeter and an after-school club.
Address: Puffins Nursery, Clyst Heath, Exeter, EX2 7EY
Training: Training provider
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Contact: Sue Holding
Training to be provided
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Successful applicants will work at one of our Nurseries for 3 days a week and attend our Training centre for one day a week.
Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training. Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support Team.
• Early Years Practitioner Standard L2
• Paediatric First Aid certificate
• Food Hygiene
• Health and Safety
• Equality and Diversity
• Functional skills if required
Apprenticeship standard: Early Years Practitioner