Don't miss out on your apprenticeship incentive payment
If you hired an apprentice between 1 October 2021 and 31 January 2022, and they have an apprenticeship start date between 1 October 2021 and 31 March 2022, you could be eligible to apply for a £3,000 incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice.
Applications for the incentive payment close on 15 May 2022.
How to apply
- To receive the payment, you must submit an application for each eligible apprentice using your apprenticeship service account.
Top tips when applying:
1. Ensure your application is valid
2. When applying for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice, make sure you have:
• added the correct PAYE schemes, that you use to pay your apprentices, to your apprenticeship service account, in line with the service terms and conditions
• only applied for eligible apprentices and you have documentation which can validate your claim, as listed in the apprenticeship funding rules
• checked your training provider has the correct National Insurance Number for each of your apprentices, and that they have included this in their funding submissions
If your information is incorrect, this will delay your incentive payments.
3. Here are some useful links:
Sign-in to apply: Create an account to manage apprenticeships - Manage apprentices (manage-apprenticeships.service.gov.uk)
Government step by step guide: How to apply for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice – Apprenticeship Service Support (education.gov.uk)
If you need any further advice and guidance on apprenticeships, do get in touch.