Machinist – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Level 3
Posted July 23, 2021 at 09:59 AM
Broadway Engineering are looking for a CNC setter operator programmer, which is a Machinist – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship. This exciting role will encompass all aspects of engineering from turning, milling & inspection, knowledge of engineering techniques and Health and Safety.
The apprenticeship training is delivered with Swatpro Academy.
About the employer:
Established in 1938, Broadway started with humble beginnings, manufacturing a variety of components to support the war efforts.
As the war came to an end, Broadway gained traction in the Aerospace market and established itself as a reputable Aerospace manufacturer. Since then, Broadway has continued to strengthen relationships with customers of all sizes, including several blue-chip organisations.
Since then Broadway has stayed ahead of the curve, maintaining strong relationships with customers and providing a wide array of specialist manufacturing techniques.
Broadway has a dedicated NPI team that provides a dedicated engineering and manufacturing resource alongside an ‘end to end’ customer solution utilising Solid works, Mastercam, 3d printed prototypes and various in-house special processes.
As part of our ‘End to End Customer Solution’ approach we have developed valuable relationships with a vast array of material and special process houses. This has allowed us to ensure our competitiveness in providing strong lead times and pricing.
These relationships have been developed over many years of working together and covers many different areas including:
Castings, Forgings, Welding, Painting, Various coatings, NDT, and Heat Treatment.
About the role:
The CNC setter operator programmer is responsible for activities which influence the following Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
• Involvement and attendance at SQDCP meetings in assigned area/s
• Ensuring Delivery Schedule Adherence of parts to system / route card dates
• Ensuring performance of part production to planned set and run times and Quality requirements
• Communicating Not right first time (NRFT) within assigned areas
• Ensuring Health and Safety processes are adhered to including wearing of relevant PPE
• Recording and assisting the Manufacturing Group Leader in improving the 5S organisation of the assigned Team areas and personal responsibility of machines being operated
• Responsible for ensuring work is completed on time in full to process routing / system date requirements
• Responsible for attending and participating in progress meetings as required
• Responsible for ensuring correct materials, Route Cards, drawing are used to produce components
• Setting up tools, offsets etc ready for your own operation to commence and assist Operators where appropriate
• Utilising the correct program to complete the required operations
• Ensuring correct tooling is used and monitored for optimum cutting effectiveness
• Monitoring cutting performance against agreed set times and run times - to minimise time taken and ensure adherence to required set times and look for ways to improve process methods, efficiently and effectively
• Assist Manufacturing Group Leader with implementing cost reduction initiatives.
• Ensure times for component batches are accurately booked on Factory Master
• Assisting the Manufacturing Group Leader with developing and maximising opportunities for lights out / unmanned running of products
• Ensuring machined products meet quality and accuracy requirements
• Reworking components as required to minimise delays to schedule
• Responsible for Deburring work as appropriate and instructed by the MGL
• Complete ‘In Process check sheets’ for your own work
It will be very much a hands on role after first year. Attention to detail is critical, engagement is a key factor in our business especially apprentice level when placed into the factory. Never be afraid to ask questions, Quality is everything.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration: 48 Months.
Desired Skills: Hands on approach to learning. Focus and a desire to move on and improve knowledge learned.
Personal Qualities: Attention to detail. Time focused. Willing to work hard.
Qualifications Required: 4 GSCEs, C grade or above.
Possible Start Date: 13th September 2021
Organisation name: Broadway Engineering
Contact name: Paul Simmons
Contact website: https://www.broadwayltd.co.uk
Salary: Year 1 £6:00/hr, Year 2 £7:00/hr, Year 3 £7:57/hr
Location: 8-12 Knapps Lane, St George, Bristol BS57UH
Deadline for completed applications: Friday 20 August 2021
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here