Absolute Training Services Ltd
Absolute Training Services Ltd are an Independent Training Provider with an established reputation for delivering professional training, apprenticeships and flexible bespoke solutions for employers.
We provide quality training that has enabled learners to acquire new skills, gain employment and to advance their careers in their chosen field across several sectors including health and social care, child care, leadership and management, customer services, business administration and animal welfare.
It is the sole intent of Absolute to provide our clients with a professional and committed service.
Gavin and Nyc (brother and sister) have collectively over 50 years’ experience working within Private and Public-Sector Organisations at a senior level, developing apprenticeships and bespoke training for large and small employers across a range of sectors.
We continue to support learners to find work and develop essential skills and have helped employers to train their workforce and find motivated and talented new staff.
Whether you are a prospective learner or a prospective employer, have a look at our website and see how Absolute can provide outstanding outcomes for you.
Absolute work with GBGB to deliver Flagship Apprenticeship Scheme for Greyhound Racing
The Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB), the governing board for licensed greyhound racing in the UK, has launched an apprenticeship programme in partnership with Absolute for young people entering the industry.
GBGB’s Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Apprenticeship will give the apprentices hands-on training in delivering world-class care to racing greyhounds, eventually providing a qualification in husbandry and greyhound welfare. Developed in partnership with a number of prominent animal organisations, including the RSPCA, Dogs Trust and Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, it is the first of its kind launched under the government’s Trailblazer system.
Throughout the Apprenticeship (minimum of 12 months), the trainees will undertake off-the-job training and complete modules in animal care and welfare, biology, behaviour and handling. Added to this, they will also have the chance to attend guest lectures with specialists in the field, including an animal behaviorist from the Dogs Trust.
Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Level 2
The Apprenticeship duration will be a minimum of 12 months.
Animal Care and Welfare Assistants look after the routine day to day husbandry and care of domestic and/or wild animals under guidance in a variety of different settings. The work is carried out individually or as part of a team in places such as kennels and catteries, laboratories, animal welfare centres, farm parks, rehabilitation centres, retail outlets and in the transportation of animals.
The role of an apprentice includes:
- Promoting the health and well-being of animals in your care.
- Delivering basic treatment to animals within the workplace.
- Maintaining the animals’ accommodation and preparing their feed.
- Learning to safely control and restrain the animals you are working with.
Individuals will need to achieve the core skills and knowledge, behaviours and one option from the following list: Animal Interaction and Handling, Rehoming; Movement and Transportation; Operational/Reception Duties; Breeding; Zoos, Aquaria and Exotics; Working Dog Handler; Wildlife Rehabilitation, Veterinary Care Support.
A work-based apprenticeship will:
- Help you work at the commercial speed animal care employers expect.
- Increase your confidence working with animals, in a team and in the workplace.
- Give you the skills and knowledge to become a competent member of staff.
- Give you a reference for your CV.
- Provide you with essential employability skills to give you the best start in your working life.
- Put you alongside highly experienced and qualified staff who will train you to develop your skills working with animals.
- We believe in everyone reaching their full potential through a learner journey that will inspire.
- We are committed to creating opportunities for all through building and cultivating relationships and supporting the growth of our local community and its economy.
- Our adaptable approach allows us to respond to the ever-evolving needs of learners and employers.
- Our dedicated team of experienced professionals don’t just care about your training they care about you and your success.